5 tips for using Light Effects threads
As seen in Cross Stitcher
DMC Light Effects threads are an easy-stitch thread that are great for stitching shimmering stitches... try these five ways for getting the best results with them
1. Knot your thread to the eye of the needle. To do this, make a loop by folding your thread length in two, pass the two tail ends through the needle, then pass the ends though the loop to secure.
2. Use a larger tapestry needle to separate the threads of your fabric and reduce friction.
3. For easy threading lay your thread in a narrow strip of paper, then fold the paper in two and feed it through the needle.
4. Use shorter thread lengths (25-30cm) to reduce wear and tear on your threads.
5. Invest in some beeswax or a thread conditioner, such as Thread Heaven, to strengthen and protect your threads.